I confess, Im seduced by books. I always O.D. at the library.
So I pile books up beside my bed and they wait for me each night as I fall into bed, usually too tired to read more than a page. But their presence comforts me.
So whats there now?
(Did I mention I love lists?)
- A few random magazines
- 420 Characters by Lou Beach
- A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
- Best Food Writing 2011 by Holly Hughes
- Los Angeles Noir ( a collection of short stories)
- My Study Bible
- Tess of the Durbervilles by Thomas Hardy
- The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace
- The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest by Stieg Larsson
- The Last Days of Ptolemy Grey by Walter Mosely
- The March issue of National Geographic
- The Message by Eugene Peterson
- The Plays the Thing by Elizabeth Jones and Gretchen Reynolds
- Unveiled by Francine Rivers
Its going to take me awhile to plow through these, Ive been working on some of them for months. Wonder what Ill curl up with tonight…